Department: HopeWay at Oakhurst Commons - Adolescent Mental Health & Adolescent and Young Adult Eating Disorder Treatment
- HS Diploma Required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a behavioral health/psychiatric care setting preferred. Experience with Adolescents is a plus.
- Certified Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant functions under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Associate Director of Nursing, or Wellness Clinic Nurse. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse in meeting the needs of the clients who experience psychiatric and/or substance use disorders. This position will be required to be proficient in phlebotomy.
- Provides direct services including 1:1 support to clients involved in HopeWay programs.
- Maintains and monitors client safety.
- Works closely with others on the multidisciplinary treatment team to assure a cohesive approach to care.
- Participates in and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for all HopeWay programs.
- Follows best safety practices by adhering to client observation level, infection control, and search and seizure policies and procedures.
- Observes, reports, and documents signs and symptoms or changes in client behavior and/or mental state to other members of the treatment team including nursing, the client’s primary therapist, and the client’s attending physician.
- Measures and obtains client vital signs under direct supervision of licensed nursing staff.
- Establishes therapeutic rapport with clients. Responds to clients with empathy and active listening.
- Uses professional and respectful therapeutic communication to help clients effectively and safely manage difficult emotions and practice effective behavioral coping skills.
- Recognizes and anticipates behavioral disruptiveness and reports promptly to supervising licensed nursing staff and/or provider.
To read the full job description, click here.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a 401K, as well as Medical, Dental, and Vision for regular, full-time positions.