Important Update: We are currently accepting admissions into our Residential, Partial Hospitalization and Evening Intensive Outpatient Programs. To aid in social distancing, we will continue to offer virtual morning IOP. For more information or to inquire about services, please contact the Admissions Team below. Thank you!
HopeWay is a voluntary, unlocked facility. Applicants must be willing and able to participate in all mental health treatment activities. We welcome self and family referrals, as well as referrals from mental health organizations, providers, hospitals, and/or the community.
Criteria for Admission
Applicants seeking admission to HopeWay must be 18 years of age or older, and have a primary mental diagnosis including, but not limited to:
- Depressive Disorders
- Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Stress Related Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders with a Primary Psychiatric Diagnosis
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Complex Co-Occurring Disorders
- Call the Admissions Department at 1-844-HOPEWAY.
- Our Admission Specialists will provide general information about our programs and gather initial information to determine if we may be an appropriate match to effectively meet your needs.
- We will provide you with the Insurance Verification Form to complete that allows us to check insurance benefits and link you to one of our Financial Specialists who can answer any questions you may have regarding the financial aspects of service.
- Once you complete the Insurance Verification Form and copy both sides of your insurance card, you can submit documents to us. See instructions on the right, where to submit documents.
- Your Admission Specialist will then schedule and complete a biopsychosocial assessment to gather additional clinical information. This is typically done via the phone.
- Lastly, one of our psychiatrists will complete an in-person psychiatric consultation. Those entering the Residential program typically start immediately following the psychiatric consultation, while those entering one of the day programs typically start the following treatment day.
The speed of the admission process varies based on individual circumstances and current program availability, but all efforts are made to have this process be smooth, efficient, and ensure that HopeWay is the best facility to meet each person's needs. To meet the admissions team, click HERE.
We look forward to working with you!
Applicants seeking admission to HopeWay will not be admitted if the following are present:
- The need for acute inpatient psychiatric hospitalization;
- The individual has a history of recent or ongoing violent behavior towards oneself, others or property;
- The individual is in need of a forensic treatment setting;
- The individual has a history of sexually perpetrating others or is a registered sexual offender;
- The individual has a medical condition that cannot be adequately treated in our setting.
- The individual has a primary Substance Use Disorder.
HopeWay is an in-network mental health treatment facility. We are partnered with the following insurance companies:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (and its affiliates)
Carolina Behavioral Health Alliance
Cigna Behavioral Health
United Behavioral Health
VA Community Care Provider
In addition, we are working with additional carriers to be in-network. Regardless of your insurance provider, we strive to receive authorization for services and reimbursement for all levels of care from your insurance company. We also have a financial assistance program for qualifying private pay clients.
During the admissions process, Financial Specialists will discuss insurance benefit information and the financial aspects of our programs with you. Lastly, HopeWay is not a Medicaid or Medicare contracted provider.
Submitting Completed Forms
Once you complete the Insurance Verification Form and copy or scan both sides of your insurance card, you can either:
Email them to email@example.com
- Fax them to 980-859-2147
- Bring them in person to:
1717 Sharon Road West
Charlotte, NC 28210
“HopeWay showed me that, with hard work and determination, I can be the person I never dreamed I’d become.” - Amanda
"This is the only place I will ever recommend to anyone needing help. For those looking for yourself or a loved one- you can stop searching. Trust me, my loved one was at a different place and I searched the country looking for a better facility. Hopeway is it! 100% founded by people who understand, truly care and wanting to make a difference in the mental health care. From start to finish this facility was excellent." - Kelly