Admissions Psychotherapist Specialist
Department: HopeWay at Oakhurst Commons - Adolescent Mental Health & Adolescent and Young Adult Eating Disorder Treatment
- Must be working towards clinical provisional licensure or have an active clinical license in the state of North Carolina i.e. LCSW, LCMHC, LCAS
- Master’s degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required
- 2-4 years of experience working in a behavioral health and/or substance abuse treatment setting preferred
The Admissions Psychotherapist Specialist plays an integral role within HopeWay by working with a multidisciplinary clinical care team to determine a client’s appropriateness for admission by conducting clinical assessments via telephonically and/or a virtual or on campus platform and recommend provisional diagnoses of psychiatric and/or substance use disorders. The Admission Psychotherapist Specialist will also assist with care coordination with referral sources, provide therapeutic and crisis intervention, and suggest alternative treatment options if it pertains to the needs of the client.
- Conducts assessment and biopsychosocial evaluations on clients; demonstrates ability to formulate appropriate diagnoses using standards established by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association.
- As indicated, is responsible for the assessment and implementation of crisis intervention and planning for high-risk clients (i.e. suicidal, homicidal or at high risk for self-injurious behavior or violence).
- Demonstrates ability to verbally present cases in a clear, concise and clinically relevant manner during daily clinical team meetings with the Director of Admissions, Medical Director of Admissions or other Medical Staff.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills by recognizing the importance of tone, inflection, volume, and pace of speech as a clinical tool.
- Illustrates proficient writing skills.
- Displays a strong work ethic.
To read the full job description, click here.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a 401K, as well as Medical, Dental, and Vision for regular, full-time positions.