Registered Nurse - Day Shift
Department: HopeWay - Adult Mental Health Treatment: Medical/Nursing
- Graduate from an accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field
- Two or more years of experience in an ambulatory care setting required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a behavioral health/psychiatric care setting preferred.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of North Carolina or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as primary residency, meet the licensure requirements in home state.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain certification before start date.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross First Aid certification or ability to obtain certification before start date.
- Current verbal de-escalation training/certification or ability to obtain certification before start date.
- Valid North Carolina or South Carolina driver’s license.
The Registered Nurse provides comprehensive (mental and physical health) nursing care that encompasses the full scope of nursing practice consisting of skillful assessment, treatment planning, health teaching and counseling, implementation of care, evaluation and identification of outcomes, reporting and recording all aspects of care, and collaborating with other health care providers. The Registered Nurse provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe and effective manner. The Registered nurse assists in delegation, supervision, teaching, and evaluation of those who perform nursing functions and/or are administering nursing services.
Day Shift 7:00am - 7:00pm
- Performs initial and on-going nursing assessment
- Collects subjective and objective data pertinent to client’s biophysical, psychological, sociological, and spiritual health.
- Verifies and analyzes assessment data to determine actual or potential responses to health conditions, anticipate emergent changes, and evaluate outcomes of care.
- Identifies client’s needs and initiates or participates in multidisciplinary planning of care that includes determining, prioritizing, and modifying nursing interventions based on realistic and measurable goals and outcomes.
- Implements care in accordance to a prescribed plan, consistent with an environment conducive to best practices of client health and safety.
- Coordinates delivery of nursing care by assigning, delegating, and supervising nursing activities of other licensed and unlicensed personnel in accordance with legal and policy parameters. Monitors duties performed by Licensed Practical Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians, under the general direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Evaluates progress and client responses toward attainment of identified outcomes.
- Analyzes effectiveness of nursing care and modifies plan of care based on upon changes in the client’s condition.
- Reports and records all pertinent clinical information that accurately describes symptoms, observations and all aspects of nursing care on the appropriate client record, and or other clinical documents, within a time period consistent with the client’s need for care.
- Directs and documents communication information to other persons responsible for, or involved in, the care of the client within a time period consistent with the client’s need for care.
- Collaborates and works cooperatively with multi-disciplinary team.
- Teaches and counsels clients regarding health status and health care by providing medical information and education to clients following established protocols and procedures.
- Manages the delivery of nursing care through on-going availability, appropriate delegation, teaching (which may include competency validation), and evaluation of other licensed and unlicensed personnel including Licensed Practical Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians, under the general direction of the Director of Nursing.
- Administers nursing services in such a manner that is congruent to identified standards, policies and procedures that promote safe and effective nursing care.
- Accepts responsibility for self and individual nursing actions, competence, and behaviors.
To view the full job description, click HERE.
Compensation & Benefits:
Non-exempt position. We offer a 401K, as well as Medical, Dental, and Vision for regular, full-time positions.