- Current LPC license for the state of NC
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required
- Full licensure by the appropriate North Carolina professional licensing board required
- At least five years of experience providing assessments, psychotherapy, and aftercare planning with adults who possess complex behavioral health issues is preferred, but not required
- Previous work completing diagnostic assessments of Veterans as part of a multidisciplinary diagnostic team and overall comfort working in the Veteran space is ideal
Provides psychotherapy and other mental health services to Veterans with mental health disorders. Serves as an integral core team member within the multidisciplinary, patient-centered team. Important resource for patients and team members for issues related to mental health and lifestyle management to support optimal patient functioning.
- Provides primarily individual therapy using evidence-based treatment interventions and modalities.
- Provides evidence-based therapy for PTSD, which may include but not necessarily limited to Prolonged Exposure (PE), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR). If not trained in these, should be open to formal training.
- Also may need to cross-cover other group or individual therapies at HopeWay, so be comfortable with group therapy.
- Provides some limited family therapy in family meeting settings for Veterans prior to discharge.
- Assists in development of HopeWay’s expanding Veteran’s Program.
- Provides education to Veterans and families about psychiatric and substance use disorders, recovery, and relevant post-treatment services available to Veterans in their local communities.
- Involves clients and families, as appropriate, in all aspects of their care including treatment planning and aftercare coordination.
- Works collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team sharing relevant clinical information and devising specific, individualized treatment goals and interventions.
- Works diligently to complete treatment plans within the recommended timeframe.
- Provides accurate and consistent documentation of client care/response in the medical record.
- Works with professionalism and respect with all clients, families, colleagues, supervisors, and visitors of HopeWay.
To view the full job description, click HERE.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a 401K, as well as Medical, Dental, and Vision for regular, full-time positions.
HopeWay is a not-for-profit organization that provides best practice mental health care and education for adults and their families. We are located in Charlotte, NC.