Licensed Practical Nurse - Night Shift
Department: HopeWay - Adult Mental Health Treatment: Medical/Nursing
- Graduate from an approved Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Two or more years of experience in an ambulatory care setting required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a behavioral health/psychiatric care setting preferred.
- Current, unrestricted LPN license in the State of North Carolina or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as primary residency, meet the licensure requirements in home state.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain certification before start date.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross First Aid certification or ability to obtain certification before start date.
- Current verbal de-escalation training/certification or ability to obtain certification before start date.
- Valid North Carolina or South Carolina driver’s license.
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides comprehensive, (mental and physical health) nursing care that encompasses the full scope of nursing practice consisting of skillful participation in client assessment, multidisciplinary treatment planning, teaching and counseling, implementation of care, evaluation of outcomes, reporting and recording all aspects of care, and collaborating with other health care providers. The Licensed Practical Nurse provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe and effective manner. The Licensed Practical Nurse assists in delegation of those who perform nursing functions and/or are administering nursing under the supervision of the registered nurse and/or Director of Nursing.
Night Shift 7:00pm - 7:00am
- Performs initial and on-going nursing assessment
- Collects subjective and objective data pertinent to client’s biophysical, psychological, sociological, and spiritual health.
- Participates in the verification and analysis of assessment data in order to recognize existing relationships between the data gathered and the client’s health condition.
- Identifies client’s need for immediate nursing interventions. Participates in making decisions regarding the implementation of nursing intervention, medical orders, and plan of care by suggesting client specific goals and interventions.
- Implements care in accordance to a prescribed plan (as assigned by the multidisciplinary team), consistent with an environment conducive to best practices of client health and safety.
- Coordinates delivery of nursing care by assigning and delegating nursing activities of other qualified unlicensed personnel in accordance with legal and policy parameters. Monitors duties performed by Behavioral Health Technicians, under the general direction of the Director of Nursing to ascertain that tasks have been completed according to policy and procedure.
- Recognizes client responses and effectiveness of nursing interventions toward attainment of identified outcomes.
- Modifies immediate nursing interventions based on upon changes in the client’s condition. And proposes modifications to the plan of care to the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Reports and records all pertinent clinical information that accurately describes symptoms, observations and all aspects of nursing care on the appropriate client record, and or other clinical documents, within a time period consistent with the client’s need for care.
- Directs and documents communication information to other persons responsible for, or involved in, the care of the client within a time period consistent with the client’s need for care.
- Collaborates and works cooperatively with multi-disciplinary team.
- Participates in the teaching and counseling of clients and families as assigned regarding health status and health care by providing medical information and education to clients through the implementation of established teaching plans or protocols.
- Accepts responsibility for self and individual nursing actions, competence, and behaviors.
To view the full job description, click HERE.
Compensation & Benefits:
Non-exempt position. We offer a 401K, as well as Medical, Dental, and Vision for regular, full-time positions.